Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Group Learning

I've been doing a bit of research on group learning and having a think about how I can approach this project so that it's more hands-on, enjoyable and memorable learning experience for kids.

I drew up this mind map to show some of my ideas. At the moment I'm really liking the idea of flash cards and the way in which they can be used to help children learn with a combination of information and visuals.


I'm wanting to avoid the children reading from long worksheets, so instead I'm thinking about writing a process/story/journey (the mummification process for example) and getting the children to fill in the missing words by using the flash cards and placing each appropriate one on the desk whenever they've found the word required.

By doing it this way, I think it allows the child to engage more with the topic. I feel they are more likely to remember and enjoy the facts of Ancient Egypt if they're able to physically interact with something.

Action - Design and develop Flash Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment