Thursday, 3 January 2013

Making adjustments

I've made some adjustments since I last posted. I was going to test the last activity, however, I changed my mind quickly because I felt I could improve on it.

Although I like the idea of Flash Cards, I have thought of another way to incorporate them into something else.

For now, I have changed the activity plan for the mummification process. My previous design was lacking something, and looking back it I realised that the amount of writing and the way it had been laid out on a page looked out of the Key Stage 2 age-range. After researching and browsing through various activity packs, it looked to me as though it would be more appropriate for ages 12-13. With this in mind, I went back and changed the approach to one that would be easier on the eye and would be more visual based rather than text. I felt the text was too much.

Here is what I came up with....

To help the children fill in the missing words, I drew up a Clue Sheet....

Action - I'll be testing this out in a weeks time on a few children I know to see what kind of response I get. I'll be putting together a questionnaire as well as documenting how they respond to the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment