Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Illustration Style


With this project relying on illustration as well as factual information, it is important that I find a style of illustration which is appealing to children.

I really like this style as it's the kind of style I like to draw in often, however I think it's far too detailed for the type of work that I'm doing and I can't imagine it printing very well on worksheets.



Image shows concept art of the movie 

I think something like this would be much more appropriate. It's humorous, fun, simple yet effective. To a child of 9, I also think this is much more appropriate than the one above. I have to remember it is worksheets I am illustrating, not a book...or a Disney movie! 





This image has the same kind of humour. I think I'm leaning much more towards the similar side of things with inspiration from images such as these. 

...........................

So far I have done a few illustrations just to warm up and try to find out which style is most appealing for me to then put to use. Once I have a few more, I aim to get feedback on this, but here are a few for now...

EGYPTIAN STYLE ART 

This is a style I wanted to try. Egyptian artists drew flat and never twisted the body. Shoulders were broad, the face was in profile and no face was ever pictured from the front. The eye was also placed directly on the side of the head. I quite like this because it's simple, easy to cut out and I could see it sitting well on my worksheets with information. 


These drawings I've done are more 'free,' perhaps more in my own style I'd say, but still trying to keep it 'Egyptian-y' with the flatness (especially of the Pharaoh in the front) 


Action - Develop more illustrations and find a style that suits best 

No comments:

Post a Comment