Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Message House

Today we talked about Message Houses. A Message House is a visual theory that shows what is it that you do - i.e) your profession and what it is that holds it together.

This is my own message house to represent what I aspire to be (top) and the pillars that I stand on that I feel personally make me stand out.



We talked about selling ourselves and asking ourselves these four questions:

What is your product?
What is your product about? 
Who is it of use to?
Why does it stand out?

My product would be children's illustration 

The purpose would be to provide book/magazine and merchandising illustrations appealing to children aged 7-11 (this I'm working on, I'm not sure of the age range yet but it'll range somewhere between 7 up to 16, although I may be pushing it slightly there - there's a big difference between a 7 year old an an 11 year old. It's something I really need to think about!)

It would be of use to publishers, writers and advertising

It stands out because it's unique and stylised

.............

After writing that I've realised that this age range for my illustrations is something I need to analyse and think a lot more about, perhaps asking others to give me feedback on this too.


No comments:

Post a Comment