Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

"Make someone care"

While we were on the subject of 'Make someone care' after listening to Andrew Stanton talk about Pixar and how he expressed emotion through this story telling, I think this is an excellent example of just that!

This video is from Disney Pixar's 2009 movie UP It shows the story of Carl and Ellie through the stages of their life from young children growing up together to growing old together. For myself and for many others, it left me with tears in my eyes in the cinema because it's been put together in such a beautiful way - no dialogue, just relying purely on imagery, emotion through strong character design, brilliant animating and a soundtrack to go with it. 

It's a tear jerker! No other animation company can express emotion quite like Pixar can, in my opinion. 








No comments:

Post a Comment