Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2012

It's 'reading' week, so I've been reading...

During reading week, I've been researching - reading books both for my client brief and for my Critical Reflective Studies.

Although I'm waiting on a response from my client, I've began my sketchbook, started to experiment with illustration styles and found valuable research into the Ancient Egyptians.

A few weeks ago I bought a couple of books -  'Tony Robinson's Weird World of Wonder's - Egyptians, 'Horrible Histories - The Awesome Egyptians,' 'Horrible Histories - The Awful Egyptians.' Last week I finished reading 'Weird World of Wonders' which has really given me great insight into the style I want the information to come across in. Tony Robinson is great at taking factual information and putting it across to children in a humorous way - one that is memorable and easy to digest. It can be hard for young children to remember historic dates ad facts, but I think the way Tony Robinson goes about it makes it much easier.

Here is an advertisement for his book 'Weird World of Wonders' where he does exactly that...



Horrible Histories does this also, although I have only just begun to read through 'Horrible Histrories - The Awesome Egyptians,' I'm familiar with the Horrible Histories t.v show from my days at school. I've refreshed my memory on some of their t.v shows by watching them on Youtube. This was one of my favourites I found...

I love the way they have taken the facts of Egyptian medicine and turned it into a comedy sketch, making it all the more easier for children to remember. This video makes the facts comedic, but still true non-the-less



As I've been reading through the books and watching these shows, I've been taking notes and thinking a lot about how I could do the same way with the information I'm finding on Ancient Egypt. This is my secondary research and I think it's an important aspect because this project relies heavily on target audience and having to create the right tone for children to take in the information.

................................................

Action - Consider target audience and how humour can be incorporated into the general approach of this activity pack

No comments:

Post a Comment